hardware configuration

  • jitin
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hi Group,

      Can anyone please tell me command for checking hardware configuration of redhat machine running on redhat 9 rhel 3 rhel 4

      jitin

    • Satish Kumar P
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
        cat /etc/sysconfig/hwconfig -> For most of the hardware information
        cat /proc/cpuinfo -> CPU Information
        free -m -> Memory Usage information
        lspci -> Listing the PCI cards / interfaces attached to the machine
        dmidecode -> Some more low level information (Details of Motherboard, How
        much capacity RAM connected to which slot etc.)

        Hope this helps.

        Thanks

        On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 5:56 PM, jitin <jitin@...> wrote:

        > Hi Group,
        >
        > Can anyone please tell me command for checking hardware configuration of
        > redhat machine running on redhat 9 rhel 3 rhel 4
        >
        > jitin

      • ram_bilas_v1
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
          Well you can go with the following command

          #lspci |grep device

          hope it will solve your query

          Thanks

          > > Hi Group,
          > >
          > > Can anyone please tell me command for checking hardware
          configuration of
          > > redhat machine running on redhat 9 rhel 3 rhel 4
          > >
          > > jitin

        • Dan
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
            Are you talking about
            cat /proc/meminfo
            cat /proc/cpuinfo

            jitin wrote:

            > Hi Group,
            >
            > Can anyone please tell me command for checking hardware configuration
            > of redhat machine running on redhat 9 rhel 3 rhel 4
            >
            > jitin

          • senthil kumar
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2008
              You can use /proc in case before 2.6 kernel and in case after 2.6 kernel use both /proc & /sys for hardware configuration or use utility command like lspci ,lsusb,hwbrowser etc..

              thanks and regards

              -Senthil Kumar.S
            • jitin
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2008
                HI Dan

                Below is output of my requirement in solaris

                $ prtdiag
                System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Fire V440
                System clock frequency: 183 MHZ
                Memory size: 8GB

                ==================================== CPUs ====================================
                E$ CPU CPU Temperature
                CPU Freq Size Implementation Mask Die Amb. Status Location
                --- -------- ---------- ------------------- ----- ---- ---- ------ --------
                0 1281 MHz 1MB SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIIi 2.4 - - online -
                1 1281 MHz 1MB SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIIi 2.4 - - online -
                2 1281 MHz 1MB SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIIi 2.4 - - online -
                3 1281 MHz 1MB SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIIi 2.4 - - online -

                ================================= IO Devices =================================
                Bus Freq Slot + Name +
                Type MHz Status Path Model
                ---- ---- ---------- ---------------------------- --------------------
                pci 66 MB pci108e,abba (network) SUNW,pci-ce
                okay /pci@1c,600000/network@2

                pci 66 PCI2 pci100b,35 (network) SUNW,pci-qge
                okay /pci@1d,700000/pci@2/pci@0/network@0

                pci 66 PCI2 pci100b,35 (network) SUNW,pci-qge
                okay /pci@1d,700000/pci@2/pci@0/network@1

                pci 66 PCI2 pci100b,35 (network) SUNW,pci-qge
                okay /pci@1d,700000/pci@2/pci@4/network@2

                pci 66 PCI2 pci100b,35 (network) SUNW,pci-qge
                okay /pci@1d,700000/pci@2/pci@4/network@3

                pci 33 MB isa/su (serial)
                okay /pci@1e,600000/isa@7/serial@0,3f8

                pci 33 MB isa/su (serial)
                okay /pci@1e,600000/isa@7/serial@0,2e8

                pci 33 MB isa/rmc-comm-rmc_comm (seria+
                okay /pci@1e,600000/isa@7/rmc-comm@0,3e8

                pci 33 MB pciclass,0c0310 (usb)
                okay /pci@1e,600000/usb@a

                pci 33 MB pciclass,0c0310 (usb)
                okay /pci@1e,600000/usb@b

                pci 33 MB pci10b9,5229 (ide)
                okay /pci@1e,600000/ide@d

                pci 66 MB pci108e,abba (network) SUNW,pci-ce
                okay /pci@1f,700000/network@1

                pci 66 MB scsi-pci1000,30 (scsi-2) LSI,1030
                okay /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2

                pci 66 MB scsi-pci1000,30 (scsi-2) LSI,1030
                okay /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2,1

                ============================ Memory Configuration ============================
                Segment Table:
                Base Address Size Interleave Factor Contains
                0x0 2GB 4 BankIDs 0,1,2,3
                0x1000000000 2GB 4 BankIDs 16,17,18,19
                0x2000000000 2GB 4 BankIDs 32,33,34,35
                0x3000000000 2GB 4 BankIDs 48,49,50,51

                Bank Table:
                Physical Location
                ID ControllerID GroupID Size Interleave Way
                0 0 0 512MB 0,1,2,3
                1 0 1 512MB
                2 0 1 512MB
                3 0 0 512MB
                16 1 0 512MB 0,1,2,3
                17 1 1 512MB
                18 1 1 512MB
                19 1 0 512MB
                32 2 0 512MB 0,1,2,3
                33 2 1 512MB
                34 2 1 512MB
                35 2 0 512MB
                48 3 0 512MB 0,1,2,3
                49 3 1 512MB
                50 3 1 512MB
                51 3 0 512MB

                Memory Module Groups:
                ControllerID GroupID Labels Status
                0 0 C0/P0/B0/D0
                0 0 C0/P0/B0/D1
                0 1 C0/P0/B1/D0
                0 1 C0/P0/B1/D1
                1 0 C1/P0/B0/D0
                1 0 C1/P0/B0/D1
                1 1 C1/P0/B1/D0
                1 1 C1/P0/B1/D1
                2 0 C2/P0/B0/D0
                2 0 C2/P0/B0/D1
                2 1 C2/P0/B1/D0
                2 1 C2/P0/B1/D1
                3 0 C3/P0/B0/D0
                3 0 C3/P0/B0/D1
                3 1 C3/P0/B1/D0
                3 1 C3/P0/B1/D1
                $

                > Can anyone please tell me command for checking hardware configuration
                > of redhat machine running on redhat 9 rhel 3 rhel 4
                >
                > jitin

              • kamil_stawirej
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 2, 2008
                  --- In redhat@yahoogroups.com, "Satish Kumar P" <satishkumarp2k1@...>
                  wrote:

                  > cat /etc/sysconfig/hwconfig -> For most of the hardware information
                  > cat /proc/cpuinfo -> CPU Information
                  > free -m -> Memory Usage information
                  > lspci -> Listing the PCI cards / interfaces attached to the machine
                  > dmidecode -> Some more low level information (Details of Motherboard,

                  There's also the lsusb (/sbin/lsusb) command for listing information
                  on usb ports and devices attached to them.

                  Kamil