Ldap client Fedora 9

  • xan_moraes
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
      Hi all, my first msg.
      What's the name for install ldap client using yum.
      I tried openldap, ldap-client, etc and nothing.
      thanks
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
        On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 09:32:43PM -0000, xan_moraes wrote:
        > Hi all, my first msg.
        > What's the name for install ldap client using yum.
        > I tried openldap, ldap-client, etc and nothing.
        > thanks

        Probably openldap-client. However, the way to find out is to do
        something like

        yum search ldap |less

        That will give you a list of most of the packages.

        Ah, seems to be openldap-clients
        (CentOS 5.2).

        Buffy: Does it ever get easy?
        Giles: You mean life?
        Buffy: Yeah, does it ever get easy?
        Giles: What do you want me to say?
        Buffy: Lie to me.
        Giles: Yes. It's terribly simple. The good guys are always s
        talwart and true. The bad guys are easily distinguished by their
        pointy horns or black hats, and we always defeat them and save
        the day. No one ever dies... and everyone lives happily ever
        after.
        Buffy: Liar.
      • Alexandre F. de Moraes
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2008
          Yes ! thanks

          Enviada em: terça-feira, 5 de agosto de 2008 20:28
          Para: redhat@yahoogroups.com
          Assunto: Re: [redhat] Ldap client Fedora 9

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2008
            On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 08:17:18AM -0300, Alexandre F. de Moraes wrote:
            > Yes ! thanks

            Glad it helped.
            By the way, it's much better, when possible (sometimes, due a mailer, or
            sometimes even visual or other handicaps, it's almost impossible) to
            post inline rather than top post. Otherwise, it becomes difficult to
            know what is being talked about.
            Take a quick look look at the list faq at
            http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/linfaq.html in the netiquette
            section for further explanation.

            Spike: I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much.