load balancers for a medium commercial company

  • Daniel Hyatt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2008
      Anyone have any thoughts about Load balancers for a medium sized company.
      Should I go with a canned solution like Barracuda, or should I go with a server running RHEL5?
      Effectiveness and stability is far more important then a little money (a little money being under, lets say $5k or so).
      Dan

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2008
        On 04Jan2008 14:57, Daniel Hyatt <hyattdj@...> wrote:
        | Anyone have any thoughts about Load balancers for a medium sized company.
        | Should I go with a canned solution like Barracuda, or should I go with
        | a server running RHEL5?
        | Effectiveness and stability is far more important then a little money
        | (a little money being under, lets say $5k or so).

        I run haproxy:
        http://freshmeat.net/projects/haproxy/
        in several situations. If you're only after tcp load balancing (including
        HTTP balancing, which it does well) it's worth checking out. I like
        it.
        --
        Cameron Simpson <cs@...> DoD#743
        http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

        USA Today has come out with a new survey - apparently, three out of every
        four people make up 75% of the population. - David Letterman