how to configure HP-UX with LDAP ..

  • qureshi_mannan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007
      Dear all ..

      I wanted to know how i can configure HP-UX as domain controller using
      SAMBA and LDAP.

      i want to connect my remote branches to the head office using SAMBA
      based domain controller, should i use LDAP based auth behind the samba
      or use samba based auth ?

      my users will be windows based and unix based how join the unix based
      client to samba domain ?

      also i want to configure users profile (client systems are winxp and hp-
      ux)?
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007
        On 04Oct2007 17:36, qureshi_mannan <qureshi_mannan@...> wrote:
        | I wanted to know how i can configure HP-UX as domain controller using
        | SAMBA and LDAP.
        | i want to connect my remote branches to the head office using SAMBA
        | based domain controller, should i use LDAP based auth behind the samba
        | or use samba based auth ?
        | my users will be windows based and unix based how join the unix based
        | client to samba domain ?
        | also i want to configure users profile (client systems are winxp and hp-
        | ux)?

        This isn't a redhat question, although the setup on HP-UX for LDAP and
        Samba will probably be exactly as it would be on redhat - they're both
        UNIX.

        Go here:
        http://us1.samba.org/samba/
        and examine the HOWTO docs and visit the mailing list archives. Join the
        samba users' mailing list and ask there.
        --
        Cameron Simpson <cs@...> DoD#743
        http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

        Did you ever hear anyone say 'that work had better be banned because I might
        read it and it might be very damaging to me'?
        - Joseph Henry Jackson, American Journalist, 1894-1946