SSH login issue

  • Daniel Hyatt
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2007
      I am having an SSH login issue. The servers are all running RHEL 4, except the gateway is RHEL 5. I recently set up the gateway server (G) and it out of the box configuration. Google didnt help.
      I can get from one machine to two machines only through a third machine that is on the same subnet.
      The two machines had problems talking to each other until it connected once then it was fine.
      The symptom is that

      server G can get to server 1
      Server 1 can get to server 2 or server 3
      server G cannot get to server 2 or server 3
      server2 can get to server3 after extended delay, but once learned it is fast
      Same as 3 to 2.
      I have tried IP addresses from 3 to G, 2 to G, and from G to 2 or 3 without success.

      There should be no intentional network walls to block this out.
      There is a known problem with RSA certificates on either server2 or server3 server.

      Any thoughts.

      Regards,

      Dan Hyatt

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
        On 01Oct2007 16:29, Daniel Hyatt <hyattdj@...> wrote:
        | I am having an SSH login issue. The servers are all running RHEL 4, except the gateway is RHEL 5. I recently set up the gateway server (G) and it out of the box configuration. Google didnt help.
        | I can get from one machine to two machines only through a third machine that is on the same subnet.
        | The two machines had problems talking to each other until it connected once then it was fine.
        | The symptom is that
        |
        | server G can get to server 1
        | Server 1 can get to server 2 or server 3
        | server G cannot get to server 2 or server 3
        | server2 can get to server3 after extended delay, but once learned it is fast
        | Same as 3 to 2.
        | I have tried IP addresses from 3 to G, 2 to G, and from G to 2 or 3 without success.
        |
        | There should be no intentional network walls to block this out.
        | There is a known problem with RSA certificates on either server2 or server3 server.

        No connect, or no login permitted?
        Got a transcript of "ssh -v" for a failing connection?
        --
        Cameron Simpson <cs@...> DoD#743
        http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

        Churchill's Commentary on Man: Man will occasionally stumble over the truth,
        but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.