help needed in apache

  • Abhijit Chakraborty
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2007
      Dear friends,
      I need one small info. can anyone please tell me the
      use of apachectl -k. i searched for it in google but didnt get any
      comprehensive answer. We give apachetl -k start sometimes. what is the
      purpose of this -k ??
      --
      With Best and Warm Regards,
      Abhijit Chakraborty

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 25 1:29 AM
        On 28Aug2007 15:22, Abhijit Chakraborty <achak01@...> wrote:
        | I need one small info. can anyone please tell me the
        | use of apachectl -k. i searched for it in google but didnt get any
        | comprehensive answer. We give apachetl -k start sometimes. what is the
        | purpose of this -k ??

        I think you're confused. Apachectl does not take a -k option.
        However, squid uses a -k option before reconfigure, rotate, shutdown,
        interrupt, kill, debug, check or parse.

        So doesn't use -k with apachectl.
        --
        Cameron Simpson <cs@...> DoD#743
        http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

        This person is currently undergoing electric shock therapy at Agnews
        Developmental Center in San Jose, California. All his opinions are static,
        please ignore him. Thank you, Nurse Ratched
        - the sig quote of Bob "Another beer, please" Christ <bhatch@...>