could not able to connect with non root user

  • kartik.sitapara
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2007
      Hi..

      I have red hat linux installed on my system. during deleting of
      user, i drop /home directory also.

      Then I create an user, Home directiory as root user.

      Now I could not able to connect with newely create user..(nor any
      available non-root user).

      Please help me immediately....

      Thanks & Regards,
      Kartik Sitapara
      kartik@...
    • Sunil Kumar
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2007
        --- "kartik.sitapara" <kartik.sitapara@...> wrote:
        > I have red hat linux installed on my system.
        > during deleting of
        > user, i drop /home directory also.
        >
        > Then I create an user, Home directiory as root
        > user.
        >
        > Now I could not able to connect with newely
        > create user..(nor any
        > available non-root user).

        non-root users dont get write permission to root home
        directory, better create a directory named
        "/home"......which can be part of root partition and
        create user's home directory inside this directory
        with proper permissions.
      • Dan
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2007
          I never make home part of root partition if there is to be a normal user
          on the system. I set up a separate partition. As users tend to like to
          fill up filesystems no matter how big you make them.
          alternately you can set up quotas on the home directory.