ps

  • y.nikhileshwar
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2007
      hi friends

      when i type "ps" command, every time i will get "00:00:00" below
      TIME, is there any specific reason for that .Can anybody plz explain
      whts the reason for that

      bash-2.05$ ps
      PID TTY TIME CMD
      3850 pts/8 00:00:00 bash
      3883 pts/8 00:00:00 ps
    • Godwin Stewart
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 25, 2007
          On 25Jun2007 05:14, y.nikhileshwar <y.nikhileshwar@...> wrote:
          | when i type "ps" command, every time i will get "00:00:00" below
          | TIME, is there any specific reason for that .Can anybody plz explain
          | whts the reason for that
          | bash-2.05$ ps
          | PID TTY TIME CMD
          | 3850 pts/8 00:00:00 bash
          | 3883 pts/8 00:00:00 ps

          With no arguments ps will be printing the processes on your current
          terminal only.

          Try "ps x" to see more processes. Then read "man ps" to find out what the
          TIME column shows. That should 1) show you some processes with TIME fields
          that are not zero and 2) tell you what TIME shows, which should let you
          figure out the rest.
          --
          Cameron Simpson <cs@...> DoD#743
          http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

          We knew Army cadets were involved because they cut through two fences
          to get to the goats, and 15 feet away there was an unlocked gate.
          - a director of sports information in the Navy, regarding the theft
          of some mascots from the Naval Academy by Army rivals