up2date on RHEL 4 update 5 kills LDAP!

  • FL
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2007
      Hello,

      We've done a routine up2date on an ldap server running RHEL 4 update 4;
      the up2date brought us to update 5.

      Now when we attempt to ssh to localhost in we get the following message:

      pam_ldap: ldap_simple_bind Can't contact LDAP server

      Are there any known issues with RHEL update 5 pertaining to LDAP or PAM?

      Thanks.

      FL

    • FL
      Message 2 of 2 , May 26, 2007
        This is probably a red herring: it turns out that up2date caused a server to
        hang, which required it to be rebooted. That probably corrupted the LDAP
        database; the indication is that a slapcat hangs when it attempts to open
        the database.

        So the thing to attempt is a db_recover. Now this is not on my system, do I
        have to find it...