Re: [redhat] Re: find

    • y.nikhileshwar
      Message 2 of 22 , May 3, 2007
        i have a files a b c b

        i have changed those files to a.sql b.sql c.sql d.sql by using
        find command by find . -exec mv {} {}.sql \;
        but i want to change the files to sql.a sql.b sql.c sql.b but iam
        unable to change the files using find command .plz give me the solution
      • Godwin Stewart
        • y.nikhileshwar

              Message 6 of 22 , May 25, 2007
                is it possible to use options maxdepth and mindepth both at a time
                in find command ,i have tried but iam not getting the output .i have
                10 multilevel directories in that iam using the command and iam
                copying a file into that by using this command

                find . -maxdepth 2 -mindepth 1 -type d -exec cp john {} \;

                can i use the command like this,can i perform any arthimetic
                caliculations with maxdepth & mindepth like maxdepth +2 and mindepth -3