Re: Installing linux on laptop

  • Masood
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2007
      --- In redhat@yahoogroups.com, "S.A. HOSSEINI" <sahosseini2002@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I want to install fedora on Toshiba Satellite
      > A135-S2276 laptop.
      > Untill now I install Linux on desktop machines.
      > What differeneces is there between installation on
      > laptops and desktops?
      > please help me.
      >
      > Regards
      > S.A.Hosseini
      Hello
      Nothing .....
      :D
      ______
      MMY!
    • "Germán Andrés Pulido F."
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 19, 2007
        S.A. HOSSEINI wrote:
        > Hello,
        > I want to install fedora on Toshiba Satellite
        > A135-S2276 laptop.
        > Untill now I install Linux on desktop machines.
        > What differeneces is there between installation on
        > laptops and desktops?

        Hi!

        There are mostly no differences, however you should take into account
        that the laptop should be able to boot from CDROM (most new models can)
        and also ACPI configuration will be very important to you, sionce a
        laptop should enable it to save battery. No more differences that I can see.
        > please help me.
        >
        > Regards
        > S.A.Hosseini

        Regards.