Gigabit Ethernet PCI cards for RHEL 3 & 4

  • Loyal Barber
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2007
      I have two machines running RHEL. One is running i386 version 4
      update 4. The other is running x86_64 version 3 update 8. Both have
      10/100 network interfaces. I would like to add gigabit Ethernet cards
      to both machines to allow quicker communication of large files between
      these two machines. Can anyone suggest gigabit Ethernet cards they
      have used successfully?

      I have two Linksys EG1032 cards with which I have had no success.

      Thanks,
      Loyal
    • mosscutter
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2007
        --- In redhat@yahoogroups.com, "Loyal Barber" <loyal_barber@...> wrote:

        > I have two machines running RHEL. One is running i386 version 4
        > update 4. The other is running x86_64 version 3 update 8. Both have
        > 10/100 network interfaces. I would like to add gigabit Ethernet cards
        > to both machines to allow quicker communication of large files between
        > these two machines. Can anyone suggest gigabit Ethernet cards they
        > have used successfully?
        >
        > I have two Linksys EG1032 cards with which I have had no success.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Loyal

        You did not mention what chassis/chipset but I have used HP NC7170
        dual port NICs with a Qlogic driver, there is a driver for the 2.4 and
        2.6 kernel. Fitted to HP Proliant systems RHEL 4 update 1 they work
        very well.
      • Enzo Fiorencis
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 28, 2007
          try this