RHEL 4 Installation problem with SATA HDD

  • jvd.sddq
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 1:01 AM
      Hi everybody,

      I've facing one problem, Recently i upgraded my PC with 946 series
      motherboard n 2.8 Duo Core processor, 512 MB DDR 2 RAM, 80 GB SATA.
      When I try to install RHEL4 on that configuration SATA HDD is not
      detected, Whenever installation is going fine on IDE HDD.

      So, Plz suggest me How can I install RHEL 4 on my SATA HDD.

      Thanks in Advance.

      Javed A. Siddiqui
      RHCE
      9326802466
    • Godwin Stewart
      • Loyal Barber
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1 11:03 AM
          --- In redhat@yahoogroups.com, "jvd.sddq" <javedasin@...> wrote:

          > Hi everybody,
          >
          > I've facing one problem, Recently i upgraded my PC with 946 series
          > motherboard n 2.8 Duo Core processor, 512 MB DDR 2 RAM, 80 GB SATA.
          > When I try to install RHEL4 on that configuration SATA HDD is not
          > detected, Whenever installation is going fine on IDE HDD.
          >
          > So, Plz suggest me How can I install RHEL 4 on my SATA HDD.
          >
          > Thanks in Advance.
          >
          > Javed A. Siddiqui

          The motherboard should have come with a CD which should contain a
          driver. If not, go to the web site for the motherboard maker and the
          motherboard northbridge chipset maker. You should be able to find a
          driver either in the form of a disk image or the contents of the disk.
          Once you have created a driver floppy or CD (RHEL uses either), at
          the boot prompt during the install type "linux dd". The dd tells RHEL
          you want to use a driver disk. It will prompt you when it wants the
          driver disk.

          Loyal