Welcome every1

  • MD. shuvo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2007
      Hi friends......
      I'm a new users & i first installed Red Hat Linux 7.3 in my computer
      this January........
      I wantto know how to see disk space in Linux
      anyone giv a solution......
      Thank all in advance.......
    • Abhijit Chakraborty
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2007
        use the command df -h to see the drives used and amount of space available.

        In order to see for a particular file/directory apply du -h.
        --
        With Best and Warm Regards,
        Abhijit Chakraborty

      • amit_post2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2007
          --- In redhat@yahoogroups.com, "MD. shuvo" <friendshuvo@...> wrote:

          > Hi friends......
          > I'm a new users & i first installed Red Hat Linux 7.3 in my computer
          > this January........
          > I wantto know how to see disk space in Linux
          > anyone giv a solution......
          > Thank all in advance.......

          hi
          By using df -h at root prompt u can see partation and disk space