Problem in widescreen Laptop display for Fedora core 4

  • Sabbir Ahmed Rony
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hello everybody,
      I am using Fedora core 4 in my laptop Dell Inspiron 1300 with wide screen.
      It has video card "Plug and Play mobile Intel 915GM/GMS, 910 GML Express
      chipset Family". In windows I can get resolution 1280 X 800 which is ok. But
      in Fedora I can get 1024 X 768 and the display is stretched to be wide
      which does not look good. Can you please guide me how I can get the 1280 X
      800 resolution (or any wide screen resolution) in Fedora core. I know a very
      little about Linux. Please help me.
      Thanks.
      Sabbir.