Re: [redhat] memory leak in rpmReadConfigFiles()

  • Michael Schwendt
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 12, 2006
      On 11/12/06, Rohan wrote:
      > hi,
      > when i check my c program with valgrind, it shows me memory leak in
      > rpmReadConfigFiles()
      >
      > Can anyone tell me how to free the memory allocated by this function
      > rpmReadConfigFiles()
      >
      > ???

      Do you refer to librpm? Possibly with rpmFreeRpmrc().
    • Rohan
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 12, 2006
        Thanks Michael,

        but i tried that, too.

        its not working
      • Will Peng
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 13, 2006
          Hi All,
          I am new to linux. I'm running into this issue where i cannot install or update any new software. Below is the error message i get when i try to do update or install
          Error accessing file for config file://///etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo

        • "Germán Andrés Pulido F."
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 13, 2006
            Will Peng wrote:
            > Hi All,
            > I am new to linux. I'm running into this issue where i cannot install or update any new software. Below is the error message i get when i try to do update or install
            > Error accessing file for config file://///etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo

            Which distribution are you using? and what are the contents and
            permissions of the referenced file? (It's /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo)
            are you running yum as root?

            Regards
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 14, 2006
              On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:31:40 -0800 (PST), Will Peng
              <gsportmaster@...> wrote:

              > I am new to linux. I'm running into this issue where i cannot install
              > or update any new software. Below is the error message i get when i
              > try to do update or install Error accessing file for config
              > file://///etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo

              What does this have to do with the "memory leak in rpmReadConfigFiles()
              thread to which you replied?

              Please do not hijack threads.

              You were sent a link to this document when you joined. Please read it:

              http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

              --
              G. Stewart - gstewart@...

              Drink Canada Dry! You might not succeed but it *is* fun trying.
            • new friend
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 14, 2006
                hai,
                how to set quota for a particular group( including all
                users) in Redhat linux.

                thanking you,
                kumar

                http://in.answers.yahoo.com/
              • Loyal Barber
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 15, 2006
                  --- In redhat@yahoogroups.com, new friend <srivisundar@...> wrote:

                  > hai,
                  > how to set quota for a particular group( including all
                  > users) in Redhat linux.
                  >
                  > thanking you,
                  > kumar
                  I didn't snip this as I normally would so you see the complete
                  message. Kumar, please go back and read the FAQ for this message
                  board. It won't answer the question but should help you to
                  better ask your question.
                • Abhijit Chakraborty
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 17, 2006
                    Open the /etc/fstab file and there in the section after the file system type
                    enter the following lines grpquota in the same row for the filesystem for
                    which u want the qouta to be set.
                    then save and exit the file. Now run the command mount -0 (filesystem on
                    which quota is applied) remount. after mounting it run the command requota
                    -avug. this will load the filesystem with the quota's Now run the command
                    grpqouta grpname. this will hopefully set the qouta.