Newbie to linux, need help!

  • Dustin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2006
      I am running Manriva 2006 on a newer model HP Pavilion ze4500 laptop.
      I haveno idea how to install a program onto the machine. I need the
      easiest way out right now since I am new to this. I have tried
      installing several different programs, they say they installed but I
      never can find them. i have been needing some network monitoring tools
      installed. I use ethereal on the Windows machine and would like to use
      it on the "Penguin Machine" as I call it. Any help would be greatly
      appreciated