Please Help: Redhat 3 : Booting Failed

  • wira72th
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      Please give me any advice.
      My RedHat Enterprise Linux WS v.30 did not start up again. I still
      confuse why.

      here is the error message.

      Press 'I' to enter interactive startup.
      etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 89: 53 segmentation fault umount /initrd
      Configuring kernel parameters: [ok]
      setting hostname dominosmtp [FAILED]

      for additional information, after last line of the message above i
      can still enter new lines.

      I was deploy Lotus Domino 6.54 & trend micro scanmail 3.0.
      I'm not sure what the causes. But, i suspect it's caused after
      registering the server to Windows DNS server.

      Thank's
      wira