Fwd: X windows problem???

  • Mukul
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2006
      Hello Sir,

      I have installed Redhat 9.0 but my some how i dont know my GRUB is
      not coming.
      One black screen coming with GRUB version name & GRUB command prompt
      like this :

      grub>

      How i can resolv this problem??

      Anyway some how i m able to boot Linux using some command from that
      grub prmpt.

      But now here is also i m facing problem???

      My linux is not automatically login into GUI mode butalso i just
      type root .I m directly get into root prompt without entering
      password which i have enterd during installation............
      I m able to login only into Console mode??

      When i trying to login into GUI mode using startx command it's
      showing some X server error????

      I m also trying to jump FC4 but whem i boot system after inserting
      CD i gets Main Menu which generaly people gets but after this when i
      press ENTER for installing FC4 my System going to Restart??????????????

      I have lots of problem but after making lots of effort i & my fr's
      not able tom remove this problem so plzz help me & replyy soon

      Thanx in advance

      Mukul
    • ed
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2006
        On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 04:17:53 -0000
        "Mukul" <muk5786@...> wrote:

        > I have installed Redhat 9.0 but my some how i dont know my GRUB is
        > not coming.
        > One black screen coming with GRUB version name & GRUB command prompt
        > like this :
        >
        > grub>
        >
        > How i can resolv this problem??
        >
        > Anyway some how i m able to boot Linux using some command from that
        > grub prmpt.

        What were those commands?

        > But now here is also i m facing problem???
        >
        > My linux is not automatically login into GUI mode butalso i just
        > type root .I m directly get into root prompt without entering
        > password which i have enterd during installation............
        > I m able to login only into Console mode??

        You're probably in single user mode. Let us know what that command was
        above please.

        > When i trying to login into GUI mode using startx command it's
        > showing some X server error????

        What error? What's the contents of the X server error lines?

        --
        Regards, Ed :: http://www.gnunix.net
        just another java person