Re: [redhat] hack pc

  • padmanaban
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 7, 2005
      jamla_kamla <jamla_jatt_sekhon@...> wrote: hello friends

      well i am working deeply on DOS commands these days.
      yesterday i scan some ip on my network and got ip with
      telnet port (23) open. when i telnet to that ip then the
      DOS will show like this

      login:-
      password:-

      can any one tell me that how can i get into that pc,
      or break this fucking wall to get into the pc.
      please help.....
      ---------------------------------

      ---------------------------------

      I will not recommend you to even to think of loging into unauthorized system. its a crime, if you like to try, you can try "sniffing" on your own network.

      Cheers!!!
      -Padmanaban

      • Thomas J. Hruska
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 7, 2005
          jamla_kamla wrote:
          > hello friends
          >
          > well i am working deeply on DOS commands these days.
          > yesterday i scan some ip on my network and got ip with
          > telnet port (23) open. when i telnet to that ip then the
          > DOS will show like this
          >
          > login:-
          > password:-
          >
          > can any one tell me that how can i get into that pc,
          > or break this fucking wall to get into the pc.
          > please help.....

          Wow:

          1) Your IP and home server have been logged.
          2) Your original message has been archived.
          3) Google will soon index and make your message globally searchable.
          4) Anyone who wanted to could easily pinpoint your location in the
          world in a couple of seconds.
          5) You announced attempted criminal activities on a public message board.
          6) There are more productive things you could be doing than trying to
          break into someone else's computer. For instance, you could contribute
          to Open Source software development. A noble and worthy cause.

          And last, but not least:
          7) A Linux command-line is NOT MS-DOS.

          Leave your life of crime and putz-mongering while you still have a
          chance and go make something useful of yourself for a change. Learn how
          to use that command prompt as a tool to help people less fortunate than
          yourself.

          --
          Thomas Hruska
        • CodeHeads
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 7, 2005
            Thomas J. Hruska wrote:
            > jamla_kamla wrote:
            >
            >>hello friends
            >>
            >>well i am working deeply on DOS commands these days.
            >>yesterday i scan some ip on my network and got ip with
            >>telnet port (23) open. when i telnet to that ip then the
            >>DOS will show like this
            >>
            >>login:-
            >>password:-
            >>
            >>can any one tell me that how can i get into that pc,
            >>or break this fucking wall to get into the pc.
            >>please help.....
            >

            > Wow:
            >
            > 1) Your IP and home server have been logged.
            > 2) Your original message has been archived.
            > 3) Google will soon index and make your message globally searchable.
            > 4) Anyone who wanted to could easily pinpoint your location in the
            > world in a couple of seconds.
            > 5) You announced attempted criminal activities on a public message board.
            > 6) There are more productive things you could be doing than trying to
            > break into someone else's computer. For instance, you could contribute
            > to Open Source software development. A noble and worthy cause.
            >
            > And last, but not least:
            > 7) A Linux command-line is NOT MS-DOS.
            >

            > Leave your life of crime and putz-mongering while you still have a
            > chance and go make something useful of yourself for a change. Learn how
            > to use that command prompt as a tool to help people less fortunate than
            > yourself.
            >
            > --
            > Thomas Hruska

            Thomas,

            Very well said!!! My hats off to you. :)

            People like this should be put away!!

            ~WILL~
          • ed
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 7, 2005
              On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:51:21 -0500
              "Thomas J. Hruska" <shinelight@...> wrote:

              > 6) There are more productive things you could be doing than trying to
              >
              > break into someone else's computer. For instance, you could
              > contribute to Open Source software development. A noble and worthy
              > cause.

              Wise words, but I'd check his code line by line first... you never
              know... Wait a minute... You're from c-prog welcome to redhat linux mail
              list.. you might also want to check out linux@yahoogroups.com!

              --
              Regards, Ed http://www.usenix.org.uk - http://irc.is-cool.net
              A TCP/IP stack was the worst feature windows ever got
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 8, 2005
                ed wrote:
                > On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:51:21 -0500
                > "Thomas J. Hruska" <shinelight@...> wrote:
                >

                >>6) There are more productive things you could be doing than trying to
                >>break into someone else's computer. For instance, you could
                >>contribute to Open Source software development. A noble and worthy
                >>cause.
                >

                > Wise words, but I'd check his code line by line first... you never
                > know... Wait a minute... You're from c-prog welcome to redhat linux mail
                > list.. you might also want to check out linux@yahoogroups.com!

                It's a small world after all...Hi Ed.

                I've been lurking on this list for eons. I subscribe to 7 or 8 mailing
                lists at any given time and lurk on most.

                As for most open source projects, people usually manage the projects
                themselves with CVS or Tortoise or equivalent. The admins usually set
                it up so that all code going into the main branch is checked by an
                official team member before accepting it. Even if bogus code goes in,
                it only takes a minute to undo the damage.

                --
                Thomas Hruska
                Shining Light Productions

                Home of BMP2AVI, Nuclear Vision, ProtoNova, and Win32 OpenSSL.
                http://www.slproweb.com/

                Ask me about discounts on any Shining Light Productions product!
              • Haroon Iqbal
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 17, 2006
                  hello

                  greetings and best wishes

                  i also have same problem with telnet on port 23 ....

                  login
                  password

                  have u got any response yet.... please inform me...

                  thanks alot.
                  hope for favorable reply\\

                  Haroon

                  Haroon Iqbal

                • ed
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 17, 2006
                    On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 04:51:41 -0800 (PST)
                    Haroon Iqbal <haruniqbal@...> wrote:

                    > i also have same problem with telnet on port 23 ....
                    >
                    > login
                    > password
                    >
                    > have u got any response yet.... please inform me...

                    See the previous responses. We're not going to help you to break into
                    something, even if you own it.

                    --
                    Regards, Ed http://www.usenix.org.uk - http://irc.is-cool.net
                    :%s/Open Source/Free Software/g
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 17, 2006
                      Hi guruz,

                      I have a Linux mail server and at the sametime a proxy server we've outsource it for its setup, onetime our proxy corrupted, we dont know the reason of it, my question is how can i install an updated squid and how can i configure it?

                      Richard

                      ed <ed@...> wrote: On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 04:51:41 -0800 (PST)
                      Haroon Iqbal <haruniqbal@...> wrote:

                      > i also have same problem with telnet on port 23 ....
                      >
                      > login
                      > password
                      >
                      > have u got any response yet.... please inform me...

                      See the previous responses. We're not going to help you to break into
                      something, even if you own it.

                      --
                      Regards, Ed http://www.usenix.org.uk - http://irc.is-cool.net
                      :%s/Open Source/Free Software/g

                      To post to the redhat group, send your post to redhat@yahoogroups.com
                      To reach the moderators, email to redhat-owner@yahoogroups.com

                      Red hat linux Linux operating system Hosting linux unix web Free linux operating system Unix vs linux Linux operating system download