Re: [redhat] Shell scripting help

  • Amadeus Zilfinski
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 5, 2005
      Try these:

      http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Bash-Prompt-HOWTO/x30.html

      http://www.tldp.org/LDP/Bash-Beginners-Guide/html/

      http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Bash-Prog-Intro-HOWTO.html

      http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/

      (From he who happens to be learning the same thing, and had these links
      open when reading his email.)

      AmadeusZ.-
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2005
        On 04Nov2005 05:22, shail_linux <shail_linux@...> wrote:
        | I want to start using shell to automate my admin related work. Any
        | pointers, links to start with basic shell scripting would really help.
        | Any linux-admin related example scripts to study will also help.

        Most of my stuff is here:

        http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/

        The doco only describes some of the scripts, but the download tarball
        has everything, most of the scripts have opening commentry, and the
        directory list is also complete.

        Cheers,
        --
        Cameron Simpson <cs@...> DoD#743
        http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

        It's nothing like that at all Steve. It's just that the bike *I* ride is
        better than the pieces of sh#t that everyone else rides. Nothing complicated
        or whining about it, just simple logic. The Star is a gutless pig, the
        Valkyrie is a hulking barge, and HDs are unreliable relics. The only
        stylish, reliable bike is the Virago 750. And not just any Virago 750, just
        *my* 750. - Lockheed WsmrSmts DoD #42508 <Lescseg@...>