Re: [redhat] daemon services

  • Sushant Kumar Mishra
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2005
      Sushant Kumar Mishra <skm_online@...> wrote:
      Sir, i have a little problem.
      i am trying to port 2.4.27 linux to my arm board.
      When i check the /dev/in ur pc linux i can find a number of ptyp0-ptyp15,ptyq0-ptyq15 ........ptye0-like such entries.
      I want to enable this option in my kernel during configurqtion and compilation process.
      I have tried but dont know how to do it.
      In my root file system i have entries for ptyp0-ptyp9.
      In the kernel i have enabled the devfs and devpts file system options.
      but when i boot my kernel in my board couldnot find the ptyp0 to ptyp9 device file in /dev/ directory.
      what else i need to do.
      So plz help me to find out how to do it
      it is very urgent for me.
      I will be happy if u reply me as soon as possible

      Saikrishna Chettiyar <sunshinerama@...> wrote:
      u can check if the services are running in cd /etc/rc.d/rc.d/rc5.d here u can check if they are running the daemons starting with 'k' are stoped and the ones starting with 's' are running, else u can give chkconfig <daemon name> --list and check if they are running

      u can enable these services in startup by giving the command 'ntsysv' in this a table will open, here u can choose all the daemons u wan to start up at boot time

      i hope this solves ur doubt

      cheers

      skm_online <skm_online@...> wrote:
      Sir,

      I am trying to compile the linux-2.4.27 kernel for my arm -9 board.

      Now i want to enable all the daemons services such as telnet,ftp,tftp

      http both for client and server.I.e my board may serve as a client or

      server for the above 4 services.As far as my knowledge during boot up

      these services are started by xinetd.

      My doubt is

      1.The executable for these services can be found in where.

      2.How these services are enabled during kernel configuration

      I will be very thankful to if you guide me as soon as possible.

      With Regards
      SUSHANT

      To post to the redhat group, send your post to redhat@yahoogroups.com
      To reach the moderators, email to redhat-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Linux operating system Hosting linux unix web Linux operating system download Free download linux operating system Free linux operating system download