Re: [redhat] can't boot after installing

  • Cibi Eldho
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2005
      dear john

      your grub configuration must have not configured i guess . put the redhat first cd in cdd and boot . select linux rescue and enter

      u will get console prompt
      type # chroot /mnt/sysimage

      # grub-install

      this will reload ur grub boot loader

      pls try this hope fully u will get it.

      regards

      cibi

      john@... wrote:
      > I'm trying to install RedHat Linux 7.3 on a Hdd with 6Gb.
      > I used DiscDruid for partitioning.
      > After insytallation I receive the following message:
      > "Cannot find the operating system"
      > I can see the Linux ext3 and Linux Swap partitions with fdisc from
      > Linux.
      > But fdisk from DOS tells me that ther isn't no fixed drive.

      Just a thought while the real brains are pondering or sleeping, in
      your partitioning programme, isn't there something you have to do to
      make the Linux partition bootable?

      Or could this possibly be to do with your BIOS settings, could it just
      be looking to boot from C when you want it to boot from D?

      Just the blind leading the blind, but those are my thoughts.

      To post to the redhat group, send your post to redhat@yahoogroups.com
      To reach the moderators, email to redhat-owner@yahoogroups.com

    • Jeff Lane
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
        By the way, he said that fdisk in DOS cant see his linux partitions....

        Be aware that DOS can not see ext2 or ext3 partitions. I think later
        versions of the MS fdisk can at least see them as "other" or something
        like that, but hte older versions just ignored them completely.