2 questions from newbie WEP and X

  • Kevin McGillycuddy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2005
      Just setting up a couple of Linux servers at home to get to know this
      great OS. I have worked with SCO and Solaris 5 + years ago, so I have
      an understanding of Unix.

      First question, I'm trying to setup a Complaq Wireless card. It works
      fine with WEP disabled on my Linksys rtr. When I enable WEP and add
      the WEP key in Linux the card will not initialize. Are there any
      tricks here? I copy and past the WEP key from a text file to avoid any
      typo's.

      Second question, on one of my servers my X session starts, I get the
      Display Manager, I login as a root and then I just get a blank
      graphical screen. It's as if the Windows Manager never starts. Is
      this a normal problem, are there things I should check?

      Thanks for your help form another newbie...

      Kevin