i am a new user in linux

  • mr ds_apache
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2005
      Dear member:
      I am a new user in linux red hat 9
      but i need help to build an apache server
      i want to know
      1- what is apache
      2- who it work
      3- who can i istall it
      4- what is config file
      i want to know every thing from the beging to th end but step by step

      Best Regards
      ds_apache@...

        On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 02:30:49 -0700 (PDT), mr ds_apache <ds_apache@...>
        wrote:

        > I am a new user in linux red hat 9
        > but i need help to build an apache server

        Help is one thing - serving all the answers up on a silver platter is
        another.

        > i want to know
        > 1- what is apache

        Answered in detail on the Apache website: http://httpd.apache.org

        One question though, how do you know you want to build an Apache server if
        you don't know what Apache is?

        > 2- who it work

        I don't understand this question.

        > 3- who can i istall it

        Just about anyone with minimal reading skills. However, "who can make it
        secure?" is another question altogether.

        > 4- what is config file
        > i want to know every thing from the beging to th end but step by step

        That's not going to happen in a group like this. You must do some reading
        on your own and then ask questions about the parts you don't understand.

        Go to the Apache website (link given above) - there is plenty of
        documentation there. Read that documentation and then use a search engine
        to find answers to questions you may have. Once those resources are
        exhausted, come here with your questions.

        The idea behind this is not to brush you off unceremoniously, rather it is
        so that you benefit from your research. Answers to questions that you find
        yourself will stick in your memory far better than if they're just served
        up to you here.

        Also, a large part of learning how to use Linux, as any operating system,
        is learning where to find good resources which answer your question.
        Another part is learning how to ask questions intelligently. This might
        help you in that respect: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

        - --
        G. Stewart - gstewart@...

        The most difficult years of marriage are those following the wedding.
      • mr ds_apache
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2005
          thanks for your instraction

          wrote:

          > I am a new user in linux red hat 9
          > but i need help to build an apache server

          Help is one thing - serving all the answers up on a silver platter is
          another.

          > i want to know
          > 1- what is apache

          Answered in detail on the Apache website: http://httpd.apache.org

          One question though, how do you know you want to build an Apache server if
          you don't know what Apache is?

          > 2- who it work

          I don't understand this question.

          > 3- who can i istall it

          Just about anyone with minimal reading skills. However, "who can make it
          secure?" is another question altogether.

          > 4- what is config file
          > i want to know every thing from the beging to th end but step by step

          That's not going to happen in a group like this. You must do some reading
          on your own and then ask questions about the parts you don't understand.

          Go to the Apache website (link given above) - there is plenty of
          documentation there. Read that documentation and then use a search engine
          to find answers to questions you may have. Once those resources are
          exhausted, come here with your questions.

          The idea behind this is not to brush you off unceremoniously, rather it is
          so that you benefit from your research. Answers to questions that you find
          yourself will stick in your memory far better than if they're just served
          up to you here.

          Also, a large part of learning how to use Linux, as any operating system,
          is learning where to find good resources which answer your question.
          Another part is learning how to ask questions intelligently. This might
          help you in that respect: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

          - --
          G. Stewart - gstewart@...

          The most difficult years of marriage are those following the wedding.

          To post to the redhat group, send your post to redhat@yahoogroups.com
          To reach the moderators, email to redhat-owner@yahoogroups.com

          Best Regards
          ds_apache@...