RE: [redhat] Linux Installation

  • Loyal Barber
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 10, 2005
      Original message
      From: Atif Yaseen
      Subject: [redhat] Linux Installation

      Hi All!
      I need to install both Linux and Window in my System.
      Can I do it or not If than tell me How I can do that.
      Yes you can. It is best to install Windows first, then Linux. If you use one of the more recent distributions, it should be no problem. I have installed SuSE 9.1 Pro, Red Hat 9, and Red Hat Enterprise WS 3 with Windows. All worked just fine with windows. I would suggest installing windows on the first partition and prior to Linux. In my case I used 20 GB for Win 2K and formatted that partition with Win32 not NTFS. This is because these distros can read and write win32 partitions but I believe can only read NTFS. When I installed the Linux distro afterward, I used automatic partitioning and allowed each of the distros to install the GRUB loader. By default, the Grub loader will name the windows partition as "DOS." Just rename it to Windows and you are ready to go.

    • Chris M.
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 11, 2005
        1st install windoze normally.
        2nd install Linux. Linux can install itself to empty space on your hardrive. Options are offered during setup.

        Done.

        I need to install both Linux and Window in my System.
        Can I do it or not If than tell me How I can do that.

        Reply me soon!
        Early action required plz...

        To post to the redhat group, send your post to redhat@yahoogroups.com
        To reach the moderators, email to redhat-owner@yahoogroups.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • kakaroose24
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 12, 2005
          Hi there,

          You can check out this link for your reference

          --> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-
          guide/ch-x86-dualboot.html <--

          God Bless :-)

          --- In redhat@yahoogroups.com, "Atif Yaseen" <atifstd2002@y...> wrote:

          > Hi All!
          > I need to install both Linux and Window in my System.
          > Can I do it or not If than tell me How I can do that.
          >
          > Reply me soon!
          > Early action required plz...
        • kakaroose24
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 12, 2005