isp connection

  • Geraldine
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 1999
      hi,

      how do i connect to the internet with red hat linux
      5.2, i have tried using the /etc/ppp-on script and set
      it up with the telephone number and isp information
      but when i type out
      /etc/ppp/ppp-on
      nothing happens

      What have i done wrong?

      Thanks

      Geraldine

      =====
    • Scott Hilton
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 1999
        Let me know about that also....I'm hunting an acceptable modem for it....

        On Thu, 7 Oct 1999 04:05:08 Geraldine wrote:
        >From: Geraldine <geraldines_1999@...>
        >
        >hi,
        >
        >how do i connect to the internet with red hat linux
        >5.2, i have tried using the /etc/ppp-on script and set
        >it up with the telephone number and isp information
        >but when i type out
        >/etc/ppp/ppp-on
        >nothing happens
        >
        >What have i done wrong?