list rpm

  • one
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2005
      Dear Members,
      How to query the rpm directory to list all the installed rpms and redirect
      the output to a file ?
      Thank You
    • Sohail Riaz
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2005
        rpm -qa > list

        --- one <block12@...> wrote:

        > Dear Members,
        > How to query the rpm directory to list all the
        > installed rpms and redirect
        > the output to a file ?
        > Thank You

        Sohail Riaz
        Network Administrator
        National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences.
        160, Industrial State, Hayatabad, Peshawar, Pakistan.
        Tel: 92 91 5837892
        Fax: 92 91 822320
        Mob: 92 333 9183920

      • Maccy
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 29, 2005
          On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, one wrote:
          > Dear Members,
          > How to query the rpm directory to list all the installed rpms and redirect
          > the output to a file ?

          rpm -qa > file.txt

          Maccy
        • PARTHA SARATHY
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 30, 2005
            [ Top post undone. "ur" translated from l33t into English.
            Quoting trimmed to relevant content. - Moderator ]

            one <block12@...> wrote:
            > How to query the rpm directory to list all the installed rpms and
            > redirect the output to a file ?

            hello
            You can query the rpms which are installed by
            #rpm -qa or #rpm -ql

            This will lists the installed rpms in your machine.

            Thanks and regards.
            Sarathy.
          • WolfBear
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 30, 2005
              Maccy wrote:

              > On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, one wrote:
              > > Dear Members,
              > > How to query the rpm directory to list all the installed rpms and
              > redirect
              > > the output to a file ?
              >
              > rpm -qa > file.txt
              >
              > Maccy