Mounting an updated ISO

  • sarccastik
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
      Need help trying to mount a Fedora ISO onto a linux 8 OS. What
      commands are best? Or is it better for me to have the pc boot from the
      disk?

      please help...

      "Keepin the schwepervesence street ghetto essence inside us
      Cause it provides us with the proper insight to guide us"
      Nas ft. AZ "Life's a Bitch"
    • Jeff Lane
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
        On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:16:54 -0000, sarccastik <sarccastik@...> wrote:
        > Need help trying to mount a Fedora ISO onto a linux 8 OS. What
        > commands are best? Or is it better for me to have the pc boot from the
        > disk?
        >
        > please help...

        What do you mean, mount a Fedora ISO onto a linux 8 OS???

        how about:

        #mount <filename of ISO> <some mount point> -o loop

        --
        ------------------> Jeffrey Lane - W4KDH <-------------------
        www.jefflane.org

        The internet has no government, no constitution, no laws, no
        rights, no police, no courts. Don't talk about fairness or
        innocence, and don't talk about what should be done. Instead,
        talk about what is being done and what will be done by the
        amorphous unreachable undefinable blob called "the internet
        user base." -Paul Vixie
      • FRANK VICKERS
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
          [ Top-posting and lack of trimming corrected by moderator. Please don't be ]
          [ lazy and do so yourself in future. ]

          --- Jeff Lane <sundowner225@...> wrote:

          > What do you mean, mount a Fedora ISO onto a linux 8
          > OS???
          >
          > how about:
          >
          > #mount <filename of ISO> <some mount point> -o loop

          maybe i should have said mount on top of a current
          ISO...i'll try that command thanks...