Re: [redhat] (unknown)

  • Jeff Lane
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2005
      On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:04:52 -0500, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:
      > On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 11:29:49PM +0000, athreya chandrashekhar wrote:

      > One guess, and it's only a guess, is that the default firewall may be
      > blocking the port. I believe by default they block ports 0-1023. If
      > it's a standalone system, you can try
      > iptables -F
      >
      > This will remove all firewall rules (until reboot) and you can see if
      > the firewall is the issue.

      Try
      #service iptables stop
      instead. iptables -F WILL flush the rules, BUT if the firewall script
      sets the default policy to DENY, flushing the rules will not fix the
      problem.

      Also, check httpd.conf and make sure that apache is listening on port
      10000. You can also change the port that Webmin uses in its config
      file. Sorry I cant be more specific, its been a couple years since I
      bothered with webmin.

      Jeff
      --
      www.jefflane.org

      The internet has no government, no constitution, no laws, no
      rights, no police, no courts. Don't talk about fairness or
      innocence, and don't talk about what should be done. Instead,
      talk about what is being done and what will be done by the
      amorphous unreachable undefinable blob called "the internet
      user base." -Paul Vixie