problem on Apache configuration

  • rajeswaran ganeshan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2005
      Hai,
      Friends.
      I tried to configure apache with Authentcation.
      i successfully configured and restarted the daemon. it
      asks for password also.
      i entered the correct user name and Passwd. but it
      won't accept.
      How can i Solve the Problem

      I followed the procedure

      #vi /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf ( I did changes shown
      below)

      <Directory /var/www/html/sun>
      AuthType Basic
      AuthName "testing"
      AuthUserFile "/usr/local/apache/passwd/password
      Require User all
      </Directory>

      i created the apache user

      #htpasswd -c /usr/local/apache/passwd/password jams

      it asks for the password and i gave. it shows the user
      was added.

      then I restared the daemon. It asks for the passwd.
      But it won't accept.

      please send the details to solve this problem

      With regards,
      Rajeshwaran G

      http://my.yahoo.com