MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE

  • David
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2004
      Folks,

      I am using a old distro, RedHat 6.0, boot up was sluggish so I
      re-compiled the kernel without "kernel hacking" (also added a lot of
      ax25 stuff) which supposedly removed the mit-magic-cookie
      authorization. At first this worked and boot up was quick. Now I
      notice that mit-magic-cookie is back and boot up is slow again. I
      could delete .gnome or .Xauthority but I don't know how or why
      mit-magic-cookie came back.

      Anyone know how to get rid of this alltogether? Yes, I do need to use
      this distro (6.0).

      73
      Dave