DHCPD and TFTPBOOT

  • Nelson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      Trying to setup my linux box for DHCPD and TFTP.

      I think I did everything right .. the client gets an IP .. but then
      spits out "PXE-E53 No boot file name received"

      But in dhcpd.conf --- filename "pxelinux.0" is the next line after it
      assigns the unique IP. I'm starting tftp with -s /tftpboot, and
      pxelinux.0 is located under /tftpboot.

      what gives?!!!

      Thx
    • Danny B
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
        --- In redhat@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson" <jrxnelson@y...> wrote:

        > Trying to setup my linux box for DHCPD and TFTP.
        >
        > I think I did everything right .. the client gets an IP .. but then
        > spits out "PXE-E53 No boot file name received"
        >
        > But in dhcpd.conf --- filename "pxelinux.0" is the next line after
        it
        > assigns the unique IP. I'm starting tftp with -s /tftpboot, and
        > pxelinux.0 is located under /tftpboot.
        >
        > what gives?!!!
        >
        > Thx

        Hi Nelson. I 've experience this before and the problem is on the
        image.
        I am using 3Com adapter and I got it working again after generate new
        image file from http://rom-o-matic.net

        good information on PXE boot installation could be found here:
        http://www.peak.org/~mountainman/misc/LTSP-boot.html

        good luck.

        thanks,
        danny