Re: [redhat] Re: Fedora Core 2

  • Linux Rebel
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 3, 2004
      On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 13:05, jcialdea wrote:
      > --- In redhat@yahoogroups.com, "Lydiard" <lydiard@s...> wrote:

      Personally the only problem I've had is with the 2.6 kernel it just
      doesn't want to find both the pci soundcard and the mouse at the same
      time. It seems to be either or. So consequently I'm still using the 2.4
      kernel.
    • Adam
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 4, 2004
        I installed core 2 on my computer. The installation
        was not to bad but as strange thing happened, that did
        not happen at all when I was using core 1, and that
        was a program crashed when i was surfing the net with
        thecomputer. I must say though that the soundcard and
        more options were recognized with Core 2 than with
        core one os the instal went quite a bit easier.

        =====
        Write back now
        user-2@...
        your friend, amigo, and com-padre

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • ed
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
          On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:49:19 -0700 (PDT)
          Adam <user-2@...> wrote:

          > I installed core 2 on my computer. The installation
          > was not to bad but as strange thing happened, that did
          > not happen at all when I was using core 1, and that
          > was a program crashed when i was surfing the net with
          > thecomputer. I must say though that the soundcard and
          > more options were recognized with Core 2 than with
          > core one os the instal went quite a bit easier.

          Check what modules you have loaded, and see what the kernel differences
          are. If you are in doubt, simply rpm change the kernel images ;)