please help

  • janidharmesh
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
      hi all,
      i have installed redhat linux 9 on my PC....
      the following is the config i think the problems lies in which for
      my PC:

      Intel 845 graphics card with 64MB videoram
      Generic monitor from eMachines

      The thing is I have also previously installed the same flavor of
      linux on a virtual machine in my PC under windows..........
      When I select 1024*768 @ 16-bit colors it runs perfectly fine for
      this one....

      But then I also installed the same flavor after creating dedicated
      partitions for it and it never runs at 1024*768 resolution...the
      colors are fine but the resolution is always 640*480....When i try
      to change the display settings it always shows 1024*768 as the
      selected option, but when i check with Xserver information it shows
      that it is running at 640*480 resolution....

      There is no problem with the installation and its perfectly fine...
      It also runs very well....Just the display is too big i.e. 640*480..

      The thing is that after i installed it on a virtual machine it even
      showed the same problem there...but i did something at that time
      which i am not able to remember anymore because of which the problem
      of resolution was fixed....

      So please let me out of this problem....

      Thanks...

      DHARMESH JANI
      janidharmesh@...
    • Syed Akhtar Shah
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2008
        i am configure vpn in Fedora8 using pptpd
        i am using winxp to connect vpn server Fedora8 but error 800

        I AM very thanks full to you

        AKHTAR

      • Minu Mathew
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2008
          my server ip is 192.168.1.9 and client ip is 192.168.1.10 .i have set up a nfs server on the server.whose home directory is shared.the home directory' of the server is mounted on the clients home directory.now i am not able to do ssh from server to the client.
          PLEASE HELP...........

        • AKS
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 7, 2008
            Hi Minu ,
            Strange , NFS has nothing to do with ssh.
            Things u can check are :

            1. service sshd restart and then check the things
            2. servive iptables stop . also check if u have enabled any wraper

            Thanks
            AKS
            Minu Mathew <minu_kutan@...> wrote: my server ip is 192.168.1.9 and client ip is 192.168.1.10 .i have set up a nfs server on the server.whose home directory is shared.the home directory' of the server is mounted on the clients home directory.now i am not able to do ssh from server to the client.
            PLEASE HELP...........