Re: [redhat] Re: internet sharing

  • T. Albert
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4 7:30 PM
      Hello jcialdea,

      Friday, March 5, 2004, 10:06:48 AM, you wrote:

      j> This QoS deal which I've heard so much about now...
      j> where do I start on installing this beast, and how smoothe does that go?

      google is your bestfriend. :)
      http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/

      it's quite pain in the as* for the first time you install this.

      j> what kind of software am I looking at on the clients?

      there are no additional software for the client. it works
      transparently.

      j> what is the favored QoS system?
      j> What, if of any signifigance, is the CPU load on the server and clinet?
      j> How well does it really work? - I've heard it's not enough in a lot of
      j> cases

      it works very well

      j> How configureable is it?

      it's very configureable. you can QoS based on IP, Port.

      j> thanks,
      j> JGC

      --
      Best regards,