Crontabs and logrotation.

  • Lydiard
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hi

      Under /etc/crontabs, I have the following:

      59 * * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.hourly
      01 0 * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.daily
      02 0 * * 1 root run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
      02 0 1 * * root run-parts /etc/cron.monthly

      The logrotation script is in the /etc/cron.weekly and the mail stats
      summary is in the /etc/cron.daily.

      This was designed so that the mail log summarizer would be able to read
      and sumarize the previous 24hours and dispatch this in an email *before*
      the the logrotation script comes into effect.

      But, this doesn't happen. The maillog summary for Saturday (delivered
      00:01 Sunday Morning) is always blank... Despite the fact that this
      script should occur before the logrotation. I could move the
      /etc/cron.weekly back an hour or so, but that would give a distorted
      report for Sunday.

      Ideas anyone? Is there a cron process that I need to restart or
      something?

      Lyd