Which group? (was: Install PHP)

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 6, 2004
      Tue, 6 Jan 2004 05:52:31 -0500 scripsit Harold A. Hitchcock:

      > Question - Have joined all the Yahoo Linux groups that I found. When I
      > have a question/problem (rather than posting to several groups hoping that
      > someone will answer), which ONE group should I submit the question/problem
      > to?

      First of all, please don't top-post and also please start a new thread if
      you're asking a new question.

      What to do and what not to do in a public area are described here:

      http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

      Please pay attention to points #2 and #6.

      You'll also find an answer to your question in point #3 on that page.

      --
      G. Stewart -- gstewart@... -- gstewart@...
      Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.23)
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2004
        Hi all.....

        In our premises having more than 130 machines.

        Its all loaded in Redhat Linux8. Now we whant to load

        Redhat Linux9.. Please tell me..how we can install
        the

        Redhat Linux9.. Without using CD & Floppy Drive.

        Is it possible?

        Pls help me.....

        With Regards....
        Amirtha

        Yahoo! India Mobile: Download the latest polyphonic ringtones.
        Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com
      • Michael Klinteberg
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2004
          > In our premises having more than 130 machines.
          >
          > Its all loaded in Redhat Linux8. Now we whant to load
          >

          > Redhat Linux9.. Please tell me..how we can install
          > the
          >
          > Redhat Linux9.. Without using CD & Floppy Drive.
          >
          > Is it possible?
          >
          > Pls help me.....
          >
          > With Regards....
          > Amirtha

          Somehow you need to have the installation CDs over network. Red Hat can
          install from ftp, http and nfs.

          If you have a bootable network card. You can set up an tftp server. This
          server will have a "bootdisk" on the network for the client.
          Otherwise you must create a installation floppy.

          To do a unattended installation of Red Hat you can use a kickstartfile. I
          kickstart file is provided in /root after a new installation.

          But If I where you I would stop this jiberish and clone Red Hat using Norton
          Ghost and the multicast. program (requires Windows thoe)

          Michael K
        • pohyg75
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 10, 2004
            if u r using rh9, php is with httpd, just click it under services
            from gnome desktop.

            erm.. those error, i dunno.

            --- In redhat@yahoogroups.com, "Anders Lind" <sunshinecoast@s...>