RE: [redhat] Hello! James Drabb URGENT

  • Linux Boy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31 10:10 PM
      HEllo! JAMES

      Thanx A MILLION.. this is the same model laptop i bot
      it...

      I will get bak to you!! when ever all my things are
      working properly...

      Sudhakar
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31 10:15 PM
        Hello! James..

        this is the same laptop i bot from Dell

        http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/Chris.Phillips/Dell_Inspiron_1100.html

        ALl the featuers matches with my laptop..

        can u please , please get me the display driverss..

        I have installed RHL7.3 and i get only a small screen
        in the middle of the panel.. i 'm nnot getting the
        full display. If u cud please look into this.. i will
        be greatful to you!!

        Thanx in advance...

        regards,

        Sudhakar
        > > Recently i purchased a Dell Laptop of Model
        > "Inspiron
        > > 1100". I have a problem with my Display and
        > Network
        > > Card(3 com 3c574) , if you can send me the drivers
        > for
        > > the laptop, i will be greatful to you.
        > > even Dell people are unable to support me for
        > LINUX
        > > OS.
        > >
        > > Please send me the above drivers(Both Display and
        > > Network card)ASAP.
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > CMR LINUX BOY
        >
        > Hmm, I didn't know I was the offical Linux Driver
        > Distributor : )
        >
        > I don't have drivers for this. What problems are
        > you
        > having with the display?
        >
        > Read these two pages FULLY, they are from
        > http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/.
        >
        > This first link is from a user who had Red Hat 9 and
        > said everything
        > worked except for the battery status:

        http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/Chris.Phillips/Dell_Inspiron_1100.html

        > This one is from a guy using Debian who had to
        > recompile some
        > stuff to get it to work:
        > http://galis.org/doc/dell.inspiron.1100.html
        >

        > These two links will get you up and running. The
        > network card needs a
        > driver
        > which you will have to download. Your best bet is
        > read the first link
        > and to try to go with Red Hat 9 unless you want to
        > recompile the kernel
        > and possibly XFree.
        >
        > Jim Drabb
        > --

        > The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/XP/NT, or
        > better."
        > So, I installed LINUX!

        > James Drabb JR
        > Programmer Analyst
        > Darden Restaurants
        > Business Systems
        > JDrabb at Darden dot com

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Linux Boy
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
          Dear Mr.James,

          Once again thanx for helping me in time. Here is the
          output of my efforts, please help me if you can .

          I have gone thru the site
          {http://www.broadcom.com/docs/driver-download.html }
          you have given to me and i downloaded the suitable
          drivers for my ethernet card. I even tried to install
          the .rpm file how it was given in the README.txt file.

          But i face the following errors can you please help me
          in this...i even attach the same error file. Please
          chek this.

          and i wanna know wat are the drivers for getting my
          display. I'm still getting the small screen in the
          middle of my laptop screen. (I donno whether i'm
          explaining my problem properly.)

          PLEASE HELP ME..

          regards,

          Sudhakar