Re: which linux flavor to use for outstanding firewall security???

  • bhaslinux
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2003
      best firewall for home will be "none"

      b'cos the best of firewall can be built using iptables
      as iptables even gives stateful packet inspection !

      --- In redhat@yahoogroups.com, "frankie_g1974" <frankie_g1974@y...> wrote:

      > Can someone let me know which linux firewall would be the best to use
      > for home security.
      >
      > thanks frank
    • Daniel Baugher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2003
        !google

        http://tldp.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/

        iptables is the best I have found

        wrote:

        > Can someone let me know which linux firewall would be the best to use
        > for home security.
        >
        > thanks frank

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
        006580:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o72ctft/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/au
        toredir?camp=556&lineid=3512844&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egrou
        pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=691954480>

        To post to the redhat group, send your post to redhat@yahoogroups.com
        To reach the moderators, email to redhat-owner@yahoogroups.com