RE: [redhat] /etc/vsftpd.conf file

  • James Drabb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003

      www.google.com is your friend. Try to search there
      before posting to the list. I typed vsftpd and
      went to the home page for vsftpd and they
      have a bunch of example configuration files:

      ftp://vsftpd.beasts.org/users/cevans/untar/vsftpd-1.1.3/EXAMPLE

      Jim Drabb
      The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/XP/NT, or better."
      So, I installed LINUX!
      James Drabb JR
      Programmer Analyst
      Darden Restaurants
      Business Systems
      JDrabb at Darden dot com
    • Phil
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003
        I am using RH90 and mine is in the /etc/vsftpd directory. Do you have this directory?
        I tried to make a FTP server using vsftpd package.

        It is very simple but I was stuck when I tried to edit /etc/vsftpd.conf file to configure the vsftp.

        I was under the impression that this file was present under /etc and all I would do id to just "# out" what was required.

        I was surprised that this file was not present under /etc.

        I would appericate if anybody could guide me to write this file or point me to a location where I can dowload this file.

        Thanks

        jee

        Jeevan Swaminathan B.Engg.MCT
        A+,MSCA,MCSE,MCDBA,CCNA,CCDA,