Skip to search.

Re: [redhat] Making bootable RedHat 9 CDs on Windows

  • tvsjr
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2003
      Paul-

      At least with Roxio Easy CD Creator, you don't need to worry about it. Just
      burn the ISO image to the disc and you should be good to go - all the
      bootable components should be contained inside the image.

      Terry

      At 03:28 PM 05/03/2003 +0100, Paul Grenyer wrote:
      >Hi All
      >
      >I'm trying to make the move from Windows 2000 to Red Hat 9.0. As I've now
      >got broadband I've managed to download the ISO images, but I can't work out
      >how to make bootable CDs from the images with WinOnCD or Nero.
      >
      >Can someone point me in the right direction (I'm happy to use any freely
      >available CD creator), please?
      >
      >Regards
      >Paul
      >
      >Paul Grenyer
      >Email: pjgrenyer@...
      >Web: www.paulgrenyer.co.uk
      >
      >What do you mean you've never heard of Karnataka?
      >
      >http://www.karnataka.org.uk

      >To post to the redhat group, send your post to redhat@yahoogroups.com
      >To reach the moderators, email to redhat-owner@yahoogroups.com

    • dadi dadi
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2003
        Nero will do the job just fine; select from "File"
        menu "Burn Image" and then select the image you want;
        repeat this procedure for the other images; the first
        CD made from the first image is bootable.

        good luck

        --- Paul Grenyer <pjgrenyer@...> wrote:
        > Hi All
        >
        > I'm trying to make the move from Windows 2000 to Red
        > Hat 9.0. As I've now
        > got broadband I've managed to download the ISO
        > images, but I can't work out
        > how to make bootable CDs from the images with
        > WinOnCD or Nero.
        >
        > Can someone point me in the right direction (I'm
        > happy to use any freely
        > available CD creator), please?
        >
        > Regards
        > Paul
        >
        > Paul Grenyer
        > Email: pjgrenyer@...
        > Web: www.paulgrenyer.co.uk
        >
        > What do you mean you've never heard of Karnataka?
        >
        > http://www.karnataka.org.uk

        > To post to the redhat group, send your post to
        > redhat@yahoogroups.com
        > To reach the moderators, email to
        > redhat-owner@yahoogroups.com
        >

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to