Tuning TCP parameters

  • Len
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      I have recently installed RedHat Linux 9.0 I have an application
      that communicates to the server on TCP port 10000. If the
      application is left idle for a period of time (doesn't generate any
      network traffic) it appears that the OS is terminating the
      connection. Is there a TCP parameter I can tune to prevent this?
      Also, I am taking advantage of TCP KeepAlive to automatically
      terminate sessions on the server if the client has "gone away". By
      default, TCP waits about 2 hours before starting to send KeepAlive
      packets to the client. I'd like to reduce this to 2 or 3 minutes.
      How to do?