LCD Screen Flickers with RH9 on laptop HP ZE5155

  • Nagendra Srinivas
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      Hi All,I installed RedHat Linux 9.0 on my HP Pavilion ZE5155 laptop. Installation went off well.I have only LINUX as the OS. I removed WinXP completely. Now whenever I select Linux from the boot loader (GRUB) , X Windows fails to start. And the monitor starts to flicker too much. At times, a reboot seems to work fine and X windows start but the screen flickering has not stopped. I guess this could the problem with the Horizontal and Vertical Frequency set for the monitor. Horz Frequency is set 35.5-48.5 and Vertical Frequency is set to 60 .The resolution is 800x600 . One more thing is that even if I change the resolution to 1024x768 , and reboot it still remains same. I made these changes logged in as root.Does anybody have any clue , why this is happening?