Icons and stuff like that.....

  • E
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2003
      Hello people,

      When I installed RedHat there was an icon down in the bottom left
      corner of the screen that looked like a globe with a mouse ona wire
      around it. It is still there. It is next to the little red hat. It is
      used for starting mozilla. When I installed RH there was newer version
      of mozilla available than there was in RH. I uninstalled the old
      version and installed the new version. But now I can't open mozilla by
      clicking on that icon anymore. I can only start it from the shell (the
      little window where you type...) How do I change things so that I will
      be able to start mozilla from the little icon next to the little red
      hat? I would also like to know how I can make icons for applications
      on the desktop so I can start them by double-clicking them.
      Thanks in advance.
      Have a good day,
      DeFunies
    • James Drabb
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2003

        If you right click on the icon and click properties, you can
        change where the link points to. In gnome, you can right
        click on the desktop and choose "New Launcher" to make a new
        link or you can choose "New Launcher from Menu" to put a link
        on the desktop that comes from your Red Hat menu.

        Jim Drabb

        'Palladium' is an answer to a question no one asked.
        You want safety, trusted code and no viruses? Get Linux.
        James Drabb JR
        Programmer Analyst
        Darden Restaurants
        Business Systems