Re: [redhat] RHL 9.0

  • Anders Lind
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2003
      On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 00:52:57 -0800 (PST)
      Dhiraj Chhajer <dfordhiraj@...> wrote:

      > Where is RHL9.0. Does n1 has anyidea where I can download ISO's for
      > RHL9.0 and the ftp servers which are near to INDIA. I am in INDIA near
      > gujrat.

      IIRC RH 9.0 iso's will be avilable in about a weeks time

      /Anders
    • Davide R.
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2003
        It¹s also already available on the Bitorrent network. It takes a little
        while at 1.7GB, but I managed to pull it down overnight. If you don¹t know
        what it is, google it :)

        Davide

        on 04-3-2003 1:59 AM, Anders Lind at sunshinecoast@... wrote:

        > On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 00:52:57 -0800 (PST)
        > Dhiraj Chhajer <dfordhiraj@...> wrote:
        >
        >> > Where is RHL9.0. Does n1 has anyidea where I can download ISO's for
        >> > RHL9.0 and the ftp servers which are near to INDIA. I am in INDIA near
        >> > gujrat.
        >
        > IIRC RH 9.0 iso's will be avilable in about a weeks time
        >
        > /Anders
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1705006580
        > :HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>

        > To post to the redhat group, send your post to redhat@yahoogroups.com
        > To reach the moderators, email to redhat-owner@yahoogroups.com

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • dadi dadi
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3, 2003
          Does any of you knows what to change in
          etc/init.d/vncserver and in /etc/sysconfig/vncservers
          such that when I connect to the machine (RH 9.0)
          that's running the vncserver I want to see the same
          desktop as the one I see whem I'm in front of that
          computer and not to start a new window manager (as it
          happens now) ??
          I read this article
          http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5499 and
          I've done some changes but I ended up not being able
          to start the vnc server ....

          thanks in advance for your answers

          http://tax.yahoo.com
        • James Drabb
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2003

            The problem with this approach is that it is very, very slooow.
            There is a modified vnc server/client for X that acts the same
            as the WinVNC server. It will let you share your current
            desktop so someone who vnc's in will be able to interact with
            you. Also, the latest version of KDE has a feature similar
            to this called desktop sharing that uses VNC, but shares
            the current desktop instead of spawing another X session.

            http://www.hexonet.de/software.en/

            Jim Drabb
            'Palladium' is an answer to a question no one asked.
            You want safety, trusted code and no viruses? Get Linux.
            James Drabb JR
            Programmer Analyst
            Darden Restaurants
            Business Systems