Problems in installing KDE applications...

  • Castellani Marco
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2000
      Hello!

      I downloaded recently a couple of application (WebMaker 8.5 and Kyahoo
      0.3)
      from Tucows's site.....
      http://www.linux.tucows.com

      Now, from what I understand, the standard way of installing Tucows
      linux software, is of running a procedure called' configure' that you
      can find inside the tarred archive...

      Ok, as a matter of fact, I'll tried for more that one application, but
      the installation always failed., and the system reported me the
      message:

      ====
      [snipped]

      checking for KDE headers installed... yes checking for KDE libraries
      installed...
      configure: error: your system fails at linking a small KDE
      application!
      Check, if your compiler is installed correctly and if you have used
      the
      same compiler to compile Qt and kdelibs as you did use now

      =======

      Since I am rather new to linux (I have RedHat 6.2)
      I barely understand the meaning of the messages......
      could anyone give me a suggestion?

      Thanks in advance,

      Marco Castellani
    • Ben
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 24, 2000
        I got round this by downloading a new version of QT and KDELibs, compiling
        them on my system and creating links for them.

        Then the software I had downloaded would compile fine.

        Ben

        --
        ben@... www.kung-foo.net

        -----begin geek code block-----
        Version: 3.12
        !M V--
        PS+ PE Y+ PGP++ t+ 5+ X+++ R@ tv+ b++++ DI+ D++ G++ e+ h--- r++ z++
[...]

        To unsubscribe from this mailing list, simply send
        a blank email to redhat-unsubscribe@egroups.com.
        Alterntaively, you can unsubscribe yourself at
        http://www.egroups.com/.