7904Re:[redhat] tftp server on RedHat 7.2

    Jun 1, 2002
      On 04:27 2002/06/01 +0000, stonefai wrote
      >Dear all.
      >
      >I install a tftp server on Redhat 7.2 and run with xinetd.
      >
      >I create tftp root directory with /tftpboot and a file named
      >as what file will be transfer
      >
      >When I use a client to transfer a file to this server.
      >It can't work and show a message on client : Access violation.

      Possibly this is sort of covered in the faq (though tftp
      isn't specifically named) and it is an ipchains issue. RH's default
      ipchains blocks many things by default--this is a Good Thing(TM) actually,
      because they know that many inexperienced people use their distribution.
      A way to test this (though it will leave your machine totally unprotected
      while doing it) is to do
      ipchains -F
      Then see if a client can connect
      To put back your ipchains rules then do
      /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipchains start

      >I look like that tftp connection is OK, but file access right
      >have problem

      I'm not sure that the tftp connection is ok--see above. Trouble is that I
      haven't messed with tftp since my Cisco cert studying, so I forget which
      port it uses and if it only uses UDP (Which I think is the case).
      Anyway, if a client can connect when you do the ipchains -F then you simply
      have to insert a rule allowing tftp. For more info, that is syntax and the
      like, see the list faq, I give an example under the samba section.
      The faq is at
      http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/linfaq.html

      HTH
      Scott

      >Would you mind to give me suggestion?

      >To post to the redhat group, send your post to redhat@yahoogroups.com
      >To reach the moderators, email to redhat-owner@yahoogroups.com

      >Filtered by despammed.com. Tracer: DAA237971022918649
      >NOTE: We've finished some much-needed infrastructure upgrades, and now we're
      >getting serious about blocking some of the worst spamhaus-style spammers. You
      >should see an improvement in the amount of spam making it through the filters.
      >Some of you have been getting far too much, and we apologize for that. As
      >always,
      >please forward any spam that gets through to abuse@... -- thanks!
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic