2714VFAT mount with 7.1

  • fbelloso@atcanet.com
    Aug 1, 2001

      Health!

        I've mounted a windows partition with VFAT filesystem and I have found a problem:

        - With Red Hat 6.2 after creating a file "MYFILE" it appears as "MYFILE" doing an ls.
        - With Red Hat 7.1 after creating a file "MYFILE" it appears as "myfile" doing an ls.

        There are only a few cases when this error occurs:
        - The file must be a 8.3 name.
        - All letters must be uppercase

        We have tried with kernel 2.4.2 and 2.4.4 but we think is a problem with vfat.o

        We have problems with CVS about this issue.

        Anyone can tell us how to avoid this problem?.

        Thanks in advance and sorry my english.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic