19566RE: [redhat] Re: How to redirect var/log/messages

  • Hyatt, Dan
    Jul 19, 2010

      From: redhat@yahoogroups.com [mailto:redhat@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of mansoor
      Sent: June 17, 2010 10:37 PM
      To: redhat@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [redhat] Re: How to redirect var/log/messages

      Sir......... I need the know that anybody tried to log my server, If i
      checked it seemed that he deleted all the var/log/messages. So i want to
      get the servers var/log/messages to any other remote system...
      that was my question ........
      --- In redhat@yahoogroups.com <mailto:redhat%40yahoogroups.com> ,
      "mansoor" <sneahatheeram@...> wrote:
      > Hi....All ...I am using one server and 3 client machine..I want to get
      the same var/log/messages to one of my client machines which comes to
      Sever....how could we do that ?
      > Thanks & regards
      > Mansoor.Bangalore

      forever system administrators have been using the logging server to
      solve your problem.

      You redirect the output to a specific server

      You will use the client machine as a logging server. On your server to
      be logged you will send the output to

      /serverA/messages on your client machine (configuration on your
      server, with the directory and file /serverA/messages created on your

      This is covered in every beginning system administration book. Including
      the RedHat online manual.

      This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc. proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout.